Sunday, May 11, 2008

Good morning, Mom!

Today is Mother's Day. A big congratulation to "Mom". I remember my mother. Many of us lost our "mom" and we missed them.

I remembered five years ago when I happened to be at Rockford, Illinois that Sunday morning on Mother's Day. I was asked to sing solo so while trying to think of a song to sing, I struggled with it. Finally, I asked Holy Spirit for help. He helped me to focus that it was Mother's Day. Suddenly, a new inspiration from Holy Spirit and He said to me, "I Could Hear My Mother Praying". Oh my heart melt. So I knew I had to get up by faith and allow Holy Spirit to take over the new story/poem. This is what I remember.

My mother had six children and prayed for no more. Then she learned, there is one more. She prayed God, Why one more? What child is this that You ask me to bear one more? Is six enough? Why one more? It is hard to bear six children and You ask me to bear one more? Dear God, I need strength to bring forth this special child that You ask me to carry nine more months.

My mother was praying for me while I was in her womb. She wept so often and wonder what child is this that she should carry. Day by day Lord, I need your help and strength to carry on. Finally, the baby was born, there was great joy. I still wonder, Lord what would be it like when she grow up? Oh my, she gets into everything, Lord. I prayed Lord, there are other children you could choose from, but why this child? She got into everything and gave me heartache so I prayed day by day for strength to handle her. I watched her growing into womanhood and I learned that You, God have called her into Deaf Ministry.

I was amazed that You have chosen this child of mine that I had carried and I had questioned You. Now I see Your great plan that she married an evangelist and had traveled all over U.S.A. and both of them had won many deaf souls. Oh Lord, forgive me for ever doubting You, what child is this that You would have me to bear one more. Now I gladly give her to You, Lord for all that You have done. I am glad that I have done Your will to bring her into this world to do great things for You. Many things, I cannot mentioned what she had done. Thank You Lord, for allowing me to be a special Mom to this child, You called me to do. I gladly bear this child, just for You Lord.

That is my mother, Daisy May Hottinger. I was born on Jan. 3, 1943, Dorothy May Hottinger and married to Anthony W. Callies since June 3, 1967.