Thursday, May 8, 2008

God Is Faithful - 6

Song: I Shall Know Him
I shall know.. Him, I shall know.. Him,
As Redeemed.. by His side, I shall stand..,
I shall know.. Him, I shall know.. Him,
By the print of the nails in His Hand...
[Collection of song, author: unknown]

God is faithful. Deuteronomy 7:9

KJV: Know therefore that the LORD thy God,
he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth
covenant and mercy with them that love him
and keep his commandments to a thousand
generations.
NCV: So know that the Lord your God is God,
the faithful God. He will keep his agreement
of love for a thousand lifetimes for people
who love him and obey his commands.
AMP: Know, recognize and understand therefore
that the Lord your God, He is God, the faithful
God, Who keeps covenant and steadfast love and
mercy with those who love Him and keep His
commandments, to a thousand generations.

Dorothy:
God is still faithful to us. I know the song
is about Christ, but remember God, the Father,
God, the Son and God, the Holy Spirit are all
in One. The song just came to me and I was
inspired to sing it this morning since the
song reminds me of "KNOWING HIM". I pray that
your deep inner spirit has been revived by the
Holy Spirit. I pray that the Word encourage
us to remember: God is faithful.

What this means to me?
During the night, when I am awake, theme came
to me: 'God is faithful'. During the day, Holy
Spirit quoted: 'God is faithful'. I can't
explain how it feels. It was like the Word
penetrated my inner spirit to remember this.
It enlighten my soul to recognize that God
is God, like Deut. 7:9 says, "Know that He
is God, the faithful God."