Tuesday, May 6, 2008

God Is Faithful - 4

Song: Continue from Part 3
I know the Lord will make a way for me,
I know the Lord will make a way for me,
If I live a holy life,
Shun the wrong and do the right,
I know the Lord will make a way for me,

I know the Lord has laid His hand on me,
I know the Lord has laid His hand on me,
There is healing in His wing,
That is why I shout and sing,
I know the Lord has laid His hand on me.
[Collection of songs, author unknown]

God is faithful. I Corinthians 10:13
There hath no temptation taken you
but such as is common to man: but God
is faithful, who will not suffer you
to be tempted above that ye are able;
but will with the temptation also make
a way to escape, that ye may be able
to bear it.
NCV: The only temptation that has come to
you is that which everyone has. But you
can trust God, who will not permit you to
to be tempted more than you can stand. But
when you are tempted, He will also give you
a way to escape so that you will be able to
stand it.
AMP: For no temptation--no trial regarded as
enticing to sin [no matter how it comes or where
it leads]--has overtaken you and laid hold on you
that is not common to man--that is, no temptation
or trial has come to you that is beyond human
resistance and that is not adjusted and adapted
and belonging to human experience, and such as man
can bear. But God is faithful [to His Word and to
His compassionate nature], and He [can be trusted]
not to let you be tempted and tried and assayed
beyond your ability and strength of resistance
and power to endure, but with the temptation He
will [always] also provide the way out--the means
of escape to a landing place--that you may be
capable and strong and powerful patiently to
bear up under it.