Monday, November 5, 2018

You that Overcome 11/1-5/18

01-05 November 2018 - You that Overcome – Manna by Dorothy and Tony

Revelation 3:21 “To you that overcomes I will give to sit with Me in My throne, even as I overcame, and am set down with My Father in His throne.” (Other translation)

The word overcome, synonyms is conquer which means to gain by force of arms; to defeat by force of arms such as conquered by all their enemies.  Overcome suggests defeating with difficulty or after a hard struggle. 

Jesus gave the words of encouragement to those who struggle with difficult things that we are to overcome and not to give up hope.  The greatest honor that Jesus could give would be to sit with Him.  Even Jesus Himself set an example for us to be like Him, to overcome things that Satan tried to put difficulty upon us.  Tony and I prayed often using Lord’s Prayer and putting on the armor of God to stand against the “wiles of the devil” and using James 4:7 to “Resist the devil and he will flee from you.” Live by faith in the Son of God to do the rest of the work.

Last Friday, November 2, 2018, Tony had skin cancer that was being operated on the top of his head and it took four hours after three intermission (30-45 min) of testing to make sure he was clear of cancer of those two areas.  There are two more areas to have surgery by November 21, 2018. 

Someone asked me how do we know that Tony has skin cancer on top of his head?  He had four red spots that won’t go away. That was a sign for Dermatologist to check on. And Tony had four biopsy on skin shaved for test and two weeks later the test tells us that Tony need surgery on four areas to remove skin cancer.

So I started the prayer of putting on “hedge of thorns” around Tony’s head and his whole body. I learn this from Conquering Impossible “Mountains” by Institute in Basic Youth Conflicts.  I did some research and found three references: Hosea 2:6 “Therefore, behold, I will hedge up thy (your) way with thorns, and make a wall . . .” Ezekiel 13:5 and 22:30. So we pray and ask God to put up the hedge of thorns around the person. I start with that for families and friends. 

There were several examples of how the people used the prayer of “hedge of thorns” for many things and I was impressed with their result of prayer answered.  I only have the booklet of testimonies from people that attend the Seminar of 1983. It’s very impressive and God’s Word made it clear.  So I’m learning and thought to share with you.

I am doing real well and I am happy to be with Tony, helping him in many ways.  I am still trusting God with His plan whatever He is doing with us.  I am asking for your prayer support and I appreciate it.

God bless you!

Dorothy

No comments: