Friday, November 23, 2018

Jumps for Joy 11/23-24/18

23-24 Nov 2018 - Jumps for Joy – Verses for Today – Dorothy & Tony Callies

Psalm 28:6-7 KJV: “Blessed be the Lord, because He has heard the voice of my supplications. The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in Him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise Him.”

Psalm 28:6-7 NIRV: “Give praise to the Lord.  He has heard my cry for His favor.  The Lord gives me strength.  He is like a shield that keeps me safe.  My heart trusts in Him, and He helps me.  My heart jumps for joy.  I will sing and give thanks to him.

Song: Nearing the Shore
Nearing the shore, we’re nearing the shore;
Trouble soon will be over, we’ll suffer no more.
Toiling all done, victory won,
It’s joy to know that we’re nearing the shore.
(Laura Ashwood, Sing His Praise)


Dorothy: What this means to me? In NIRV, I found three words, “jumps for joy” that translates from “greatly rejoiceth.”  Sometimes the KJV seems difficult to understand so I appreciate the translation to make it more clear and meaningful.  Even just for a verse for today to keep me going.  I just flip the song book and I like this song because I had a vision of seeing two of our dogs were barking from the shore, waiting for us to come home. It is a comforting thought.  May the Lord bless you today! 

No comments: