Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Acknowledge Him 11/27-28/18

27-28 Nov 2018 - Acknowledge Him – Verse for the Day
Dorothy and Tony Callies

Hosea 6:3 “Let us acknowledge the Lord, let us press on to acknowledge Him” (NIV). (*Few parts from reading devotion)

Two dictionaries’ meaning for acknowledge: 1. admit as true and show appreciation.  2. to recognize something. For me, it would simply mean “get to know Him.”

*Hosea, an Old Testament prophet, encouraged the Israelites to “press on” (Heb. 6:3), to acknowledge God because they had forgotten Him (4:1). As the people forgot God’s presence, they began to turn away from Him (v.12) and before long there was no room for God in their thoughts.

Hosea’s simple insight to acknowledge God reminds me that God is near and He is at work in our lives, in both joys and struggles. When I acknowledge God, His presence is right there. I remind myself that God is here. Yes, He is right here!

Song: Trust in the Lord
Trust in the Lord
   with all your heart,
And lean not to your own
   understanding.
In all your ways,
   acknowledge Him
     and He will direct your paths.
(Inspiring choruses, Proverbs 3:5-6)

What this means to me? It just inspires me to know that God is here. Just a simple reminder that God is here!  I speak to myself, “God is here.”  Yes, God is here! That is what acknowledge means and also “Get to know Him.”

Prayer:  I trust You Lord that You are working out our daily lives.  Just as Abraham had a dormant (boring) life, yet Abraham knew that You were working in his life and Sarah’s.  In time, they finally had Isaac, just simply bring Isaac into the world, and follow God’s greatest plan.  Thank You, Lord!

God bless you!

Dorothy

No comments: