Wednesday, July 27, 2016

There is a Song Today - 7/27

This early morning I woke up with a song in my heart that I remembered.

Song: Oh, Say, But I’m Glad
(By James P. Sullivan, Sing His Praise!)
1. There is a song in my heart today,
Something I never had;
Jesus had taken my sins away;
Oh, say, but I’m glad!
Chorus:
Oh say, but I’m glad, I’m glad;
Oh say, but I’m glad!
Jesus has come, and my cup’s overrun;
Oh say, but I’m glad!

2. Wonderful, marvelous love He brings
Into a heart that’s sad;
Through darkest tunnels the soul just sings,
Oh say, but I’m glad! (Chorus)

3. Won’t you come to Him with all your care,
Weary and worn and sad?
You too, will sing as His love you share,
Oh say, but I’m glad! (Chorus)

Today’s Verse: 1 Peter 4:13 “But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ’s sufferings; that, when His glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy. NLT: “Instead, be very glad—because these trials will make you partners with Christ in His suffering, and afterward you will have the wonderful joy of sharing His glory when it is displayed (shown) to all the world.”

Peter, the writer of Epistle (letter) must have gone through so much suffering to be able to write this. Paul, who wrote Corinthians, also went through suffering and he quoted, “Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities that the power of Christ may rest upon me” (2Cor. 12:9b).

How can we be glad in our sufferings? How can we experiencing pleasure, joy, or delight when we are in pain? Holy Spirit help! Holy Spirit said, “Do you remember how much Christ suffered in great pain for you?  Could you measure your pain compare with Christ’s pain?” Pondering … measure …? My answer: “There’s no measure with Christ’s pain compare with mine. Mine pain is small compare to Christ’s terrible pain.”  

Holy Spirit: “Then be glad that you are partners with Christ in His suffering. You get a little taste of what His pain was really like. When you see Him, you will be glad that you will have wonderful joy of sharing His glory.” Thank you, Holy Spirit for the wisdom you have given to us.  Thank you!

May the Lord bless you today!
Dorothy

No comments: