Thursday, July 21, 2016

Draw Near - Today's Verse 7/21/16

21 July 2016 – Draw Near – Verse for the Day by Dorothy Callies

Psalm 73:28 NKJV “It is good for me to draw near to God.”

Many things going on in the world that could create fears to our soul. We wonder what’s going to happen next. When we see or hear of bad things that are happening around us, Psalm 73:28 would be good to quote, “But I am close to You.  And that’s good.  Lord and King, I have made you my place of safety.  I will talk about everything You have done” from New International Reader’s Version.

What happen when we draw near to God? His Presence will give us peace. When my body and my heart may grow weak, but God, You give strength to my heart. You, God are everything I will ever need. I don’t have anyone in heaven but You. I don’t want anything on earth besides You. [Ref: Ps. 73:25, 26]

Song: I Am Thine, O Lord
            (Fanny Jane Crosby, Sing His Praise)
I am Thine, O Lord, I have heard Thy voice,
And it told Thy love to me;
But I long to rise in the arms of faith
And be closer drawn to Thee.
Chorus:
Draw me near-er, near-er, blessed Lord,
To the cross where Thou hast died;
Draw me near-er, near-er, near-er, blessed Lord,
To Thy precious bleeding side.

Prayer: Dear Heavenly Father, I thank You for providing the verse for the day that reminds me that it is good for me to come near to You. My heart sense relief when I put my faith in Your Son, Jesus Christ who removed all my fears and healed my diseases. I thank You Holy Spirit for being my comforter in times of troubles. Great is the Lord Jesus who saves us from all our sins in Jesus’ name we pray. Amen!

Have a good day, my friend!

Dorothy

No comments: