Sunday, July 24, 2016

Savior Reached - Today Verse 7/24

24 July 2016 - My Savior Reached Down – Today’s Verse

Song: When My Savior Reached Down For Me
            (Written by G.E. Wright)
1. Once my soul was astray from the heavenly way,
I was wretched and file as could be;
But my Savior in love gave me peace from above,
When He reached down His hand for me.
Chorus:
When my Savior reached down for me,
When my Savior reached down for me;
I was lost and undone, without God or His Son,
When my Savior reached down for me.

2. I was near to despair when He came to me there,
And showed me that I could be free;
Then He lifted my feet, gave gladness complete,
When He reached down His hand for me. (Chorus)

3. How my heart does rejoice when I hear His sweet voice
In the tempest (trouble), to Him I then flee,
There to lean on His arm, safe, secure from all harm,
Since He reached down His hand for me. (Chorus).

Today’s problem led me to sing this song and verses for today for the words of encouragement from the Holy Spirit:  Heb. 10:35-36  NCV  “So do not lose the courage you had in the past, which has a great reward.  You must hold on, so you can do what God wants and receive what He has promised.   Phil. 1:6 “God began doing a good work in you, and I am sure He will continue it until it is finished when Jesus Christ comes again.”

There’s war inside of us but “we are not wrestling against the flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places” so I am taking the whole armour of God, His Presence with me.  Why?

So that I may be able to withstand against the evil day and I am doing all I can to stand up against the wiles of the devil. The whole armour of God, His Presence is with me to be strong in the Lord and be in the power of His might. (Ref: Ephesians 6:10-13)

God is my banner which means God is my Victor and I “resist the devil, and he will flee from me” In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen! (Ref: James 4:7)

May the Lord delivered us from the evil days and be strong in the Lord!

Dorothy

No comments: