Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Jesus, "I AM" of N.T. 7/26-30

26-30 July 2016 - Jesus “I AM” of N.T.  – Manna Studies by Dorothy

Jesus Is the “I AM” of the New Testament – John 8:56-59
          John 8:58 Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”
          (1)  Jesus fully disclosed (showed) His deity (that He was the God-Man) when He said, “Before Abraham was, I AM.” What did the Jews thought of this? They were ready to stone Him. Why? They thought He was wrong.
          (2)  Another time Jesus said, “I and My Father are one.” When the Jews took up stones to stone Him, Jesus asked, “For which of those works do you stone Me?” They answered, “For the good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God” (John 10:30-39). (See 2b)
          (2b) The word, blasphemy means to speak harm; great disrespect shown to God or to sacred persons or things.  In the Bible’s dictionary, “blasphemy is an attitude of disrespect that finds expression in an act directed against the character of God.”
          (3)  If the Jews knew that Jesus was indeed the God-Man, they would have believed in Him and worshiped Him. But they did not know, because the god of this age (Satan) had blinded their minds (2Cor. 4:3,4). Satan continues to blind the minds of unbelievers to the glorious fact (proof) that Jesus is God.
          (4)  Now think on this awesome question.  If Jesus is not God, then who is He?  He is either the Deity (God) or demonic! (Mark 3:22). Even the Scribes called him “prince of the devils!” Either He is the truth or He is the chief of all liars (John 14:6).
          (5)  Let us look at the “I AMs” in the Gospel of John, where He declared that He is Jehovah God.
                   (1)  “I AM the bread of life (Jn.6:32-25).
                   (2)  “I AM the light of the world (Jn.8:12-20).
                   (3)  “I AM the door of the sheep” (Jn.10:7-10).
                   (4)  “I AM the good shepherd” (Jn.10:11-16).
                   (5)  “I AM the resurrection and the life” (Jn.11:25-27, 38-44).
                   (6)  “I AM the way, the truth, and the life” (Jn.14:6).
                   (7)  “I AM the vine” (Jn.15:1-8).

                   Key: He is truly the Great “I AM.”  Let’s sing!
“He’s the Lord of Glory, He is the Great I am;
He’s the Alpha and Omega, The beginning and the end.
His name is Wonderful, The Prince of Peace is He;
The Everlasting Father Throughout eternity.”
(Written by Phyllis G. Spiers, Sing His Praise)

 Note: The studies which came from The Christian Life Bible, NKJV with Master Outlines and Study Notes by Dr. Porter L. Barrington. Dorothy Callies compiled these studies chosen for the Deaf simplified reading in Sign Language.

No comments: