Friday, July 22, 2016

New Creature - Today's Verse 7/22

22 July 2016 – A New Creature – Verse for the Day by Dorothy Callies

2 Cor. 5:17 NKJV, “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.”

Do you remember when you first ask Jesus to come into your heart? I remember an Evangelist Sister Essie when she met me at Pinecrest Camp in California, asked me if I had asked Jesus into my heart when I was thirteen years old. I struggled with that question when I discussed this with my deaf sister who was then 12 years older than me.

We both thought that we were Christians by going to church with our growing family. Again, the Evangelist asked the same question the second time. My deaf sister and I were puzzled, tried to figure out because we pray, we read Bible … The third same question really strike my heart, “Have you asked Jesus to come into your heart?”  

Finally, it dawn on me and my deaf sister that we have not personally invited Christ into our hearts.  So Evangelist Sister Essie encouraged us to kneel on our knee and invite Jesus to come into our hearts.  What happened when we did that?  It was like a new life that was born inside of us. Like KJV quoted, “he is a new creature: old things are passed away; all things are become new.” (2Cor. 5:17)

I really felt Jesus' Presence in my heart and immediately, God spoke to me that I would someday preach His Word.  My deaf sister experience Jesus in a real way that she began to laugh in spirit.  How about you? Have you asked Jesus to come into your heart?  If you did, are you glad that you are a Christian? Let’s sing!

Song: I’m Glad I’m A Christian
     (Written by Phil Kerr, Melody Choruses)
I’m glad I’m a Christian, I’m trusting the Lord,
I’m reading the Bible, believing each word.
The past is forgiven, from sin I am free.
A mansion in heaven is waiting for me.

May God bless you today.

Dorothy

No comments: