Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Sparrows

Special Devotion partly from Kim Johnson (Her experience with sparrows at her home is awesome).

Isaiah 59:1
Behold, the Lord's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear.

It is a long while since I have written. June is usually the busiest month of year. But, anyway, on Friday sleepless night I wondered and asked God what I should write in next "Mold Me." Somehow a picture of sparrows came up on my mind. And then on Sat. Dorothy sent in her Bread Box devotion in depth about Matthew 10:29-31 sparrows!

And another coincidence as well, several ladies on Sat. night noticed some sparrows lived under our roof! As we had our fellowship and bonfire, we observed sparrows' "home" under our roof.

I shared the story that it was last spring that the sparrows made their home inside top vinyl siding (below roof). We hadn't known until Wj (name) cleaned the gutter, we found there was a nest and baby birds. So we left alone, and waited til end of summer to clean and fix the vinyl sidings. We thought that was the end of it, and we wouldn't see another nest in our house. Then as Spring started, we noticed straw, hay, & grass hanging out of vinyl siding and knew a bird family moved in (we don't know if it is the same family or a new one)! Thanks to them, a few of our vinyl sidings are damaged lol.

Sparrows are fascinating as my dog and I go out each morning to feed, and many would fly into yard. As I would watch, it seemed they didn't have too many worries, and they seemed content as they flew back'n forth. It made me wonder how I shouldn't worry but trust in my Father who knows exactly what is happening in our life.

Sometimes I would think well, God's so far away, but then I would remember Isaiah 59, that it is not His hand that is shortened or that He cannot save. But our own busyness or wants that we have become separated or are far from Him. So to stay close to Him, we need to acknowledge our need for Him everyday in our life. He cares about us more than we can ever comprehend. We should not be afraid because our God who is greater than the world together wants to take care of us if we humbly let Him.

We trust in our God who loves us with an everlasting love.

Thank you, kim!

Dorothy: It is an awesome thoughts how the Lord cares enough to bring theme "the sparrows" to me and to Kim. So God brings to out attention that He does care! I was glad to read Kim's "Mold Me" Devotion based on her experience. God bless you Kim!

No comments: