Wednesday, June 1, 2011

God Almighty

Psalm 91:14
"Because he (you) loves Me," says the Lord, "I will rescue him (you), for he (you) acknowledges My name." Other translation.

Key: Because you have known My name.

God revealed himself as El Shadday, God Almighty, to Abram and told him of the everlasting covenant he (God) was establishing with him and his descendants.

When we pray to El Shadday, we show respect the name, God Almighty as One for whom nothing is impossible with Him. God spoke to Abraham and said, "I am God Almighty; walk before Me and be blameless. I will confirm my covenant between Me and you and will greatly increase your numbers." (Genesis 17:1-2).

That statement impress me that God the Almighty, El Shadday and because I learn to know His name, He will love me. He will protect me. It is the same for you.

Have a good day!

Dorothy
Got some idea from Praying the Names of God by Ann Spangler.
PS. A friend who is a deaf Jew said that it should be El Shaddai. Thought you should be aware of it.

No comments: