Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Continue in His Word

John 8:31b KJV
"If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples." NLT: Jesus said to the people who believed in Him, "You are My disciples if you keep obeying my teachings."

You know, it is not enough to live by past faith or experience. Like a person would say, "I have more experience so he/she tells his/her story of "glorious past." To quote and say: "I have more experience" is like a person is bragging that she/he is better than those who may not have much experience.

Listen to this: Jesus emphasizes that we are to continue in His Word and that we are truly His children. That is our present salvation in Christ who died for us. That is our continued testimony that we are His. True and honest born-again believers continue with the Words of Christ. So let us practice His word. Let us meditate His word. Let us think over His Word carefully. Let us feed on His word. Let us feast on His word. Let us live in His word that we may be healed in Jesus' name.

So continue in Jesus' Word today!

Dorothy

PS. I like that song which Christine Mitchell sang at Winnipeg, Canada Calvary Temple. It touched my heart.

Walk in the Light
Walk in the Light
Follow my Saviour
Jesus, Jesus, Jesus
Never let me go

Satan you out!
Push back, push back
Farther, farther
Push back, push back
Farther, farther
2x (Author unknown)

No comments: