Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Part 2 He brought me out.

Psalm 40:2-4a
V2. He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock and established my goings.
V3. And He hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the Lord.
V4. Blessed is that man that maketh the Lord his trust ...

I like to share the words of the song, "He Brought Me Out" and some of the lines impress me. Also some of them match the verses.

1. My heart was distressed 'neath Jehovah's dread frown,
And low in the pit where my sins dragged me down;
I cried to the Lord from the deep miry clay,
Who tenderly brought me out to golden day.
(Chorus)
He brought me out of the miry clay,
He set my feet on the rock to stay;
He puts a song in my soul today,
A song of praise, hallelujah!

2. He placed me upon the strong Rock by His side,
My steps were established and here I'll abide;
No danger of falling while here I remain,
But stand by His grace until the crown I gain.
(Then chorus)

3. He gave me a song, 'twas a new song of praise,
By day and by night its sweet notes I will raise;
My heart's overflowing, I'm happy and free,
I'll praise my Redeemer, Who rescued me.
(Then chorus)
(Henry J. Zelley; Henery L. Gilmour, chorus)

I am sure that often those words express our feelings
and let the Lord release our spirits in Jesus' name. Amen!

Trust God today!

Dorothy

No comments: