Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Slow to Anger

Proverbs 16:32
"He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty."
NCV: "Patience is better than strength . . ."

Have you ever been angry at anything? Is angry a normal thing to do? Former Pres. Eisenhower once thought as a boy being angry a lots of time was to fistfights. How did Ike solved his angry outburst? His mother quoted Proverbs 16:32 on him. When Ike became older and famous he remembered this verse and he was able to control his anger and work very well with people.

Paul gave advice on how to control the anger. Eph. 4:26-27 (ncv). "When you are angry, do not sin, and be sure to stop being angry before the end of the day. Do not give the devil a way to defeat you."

At work, l often picked up tiny expired date labels that stick to the floor. The broom cannot pick the labels because it has to be peeled off by hands. When I saw a guy threw expired dated labels on the floor. I yelled "Hey, quit that! Put it in the trash, not on the floor." I grudged to myself.

After I read the devotion, I realized God was speaking to me about anger. Eph. 4:31-32. "Do not be bitter or angry or mad. Never shout angrily or say things to hurt others. Never do anything evil. Be kind and loving to each other, and forgive each other just as God forgave you in Christ."

Prayer: Thank You Father that You care how I think and correct me through the Word of God. Holy Spirit, remind me to speak kindly and gently toward others in Jesus' name I pray. Amen!

Be kind to someone today!