Monday, October 4, 2010

No Vision, People Perish

Proverbs 29:18
KJV: "Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he."

NCV: "Where there is no word from God, people are uncontrolled, but those who obey what they have been taught are happy."

Note from Zondervan: Where there is no vision. Vision means revelation. When there is no clear revelation and bold declaration of God's will and standards, God's people lose their Biblical convictions, cast off their moral restraints, and subsequently (slowly) perish.

The revealed will of God and His righteous demands as expressed in Scripture must be repeatly kept before the congregation (people), or many will begin to conform to the world and trangress (break) God's law.

Dorothy: I am not sure why this came up but still I share this with you. I happen to see the song "The Vision" and remember Prov. 29:18 so well.

Stay close to Him!

Song: The Vision
Take me, Master break me, use me;
I am leaning on Thy breast;
All ambitions fast are dying,
From their pain now give me rest;
On the altar I have laid them;
Now to Thee I give my heart;
Fill me with the fire of vision;
Let my passions never depart.
(H. C. McKinney)