Thursday, October 21, 2010

All Your Anxiety

1 Peter 5:7 niv "Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you." Ps. 94:19 "When anxiety was great within me, your (God's) consolation (comfort) brought joy to my soul."

KJV says in Ps. 94:19 "In the multitude of my thoughts within me ...." This means do you have many things going on your mind? NIV gave a good meaning: "When anxiety was great within me ...."

The word anxiety means fear, nervousness about what might happen and fearful concern or interest like anxiety to succeed. (From technology dictionary 'Merriam-Webster) One example from "The Bible from 26 Translation" on 1 Peter 5:7a.
"Casting the whole of your care--all your anxiety, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all --on HIM--Amplified."

I felt a sudden urge to pray: Father in heaven, You are speaking to our heart about anxiety this morning. Your Word reminds us to take our anxiety to You and talk to You about it. It does feel good to share it with You so that You could comfort us. Amazing grace that You are concern about us and want us to take all our anxiety because You love us. Thank You Father for being so caring through Your Word in Jesus' name. Amen. So cast all your cares on Him for He cares about you!

Dorothy: I had this unusual song saved. This song got me into research on "anxiety" and I am so blessed with technology bible and dictionary.

Song: All Your Anxiety
1. Is there a heart over-bound by sorrow?
Is there a life weighted down by care?
Come to the cross-each burden bearing,
All your anxiety-leave it there.
Chorus:
All your anxiety all your care,
Bring to the mercy seat-leave it there;
Never a burden He cannot bear,
Never a friend like Je-sus!
(Edward Henry Joy)