Wednesday, April 30, 2008

He Is Faithful

Song: Precious Lord, Take My Hand
1. Precious Lord, take my hand, lead me on, let me stand,
I am tired, I am weak, I am worn; through the storm,
through the night, lead me on to the light:
Take my hand, precious Lord, lead me home.
2. When my way grows drear, precious Lord, linger near,
when my life is almost gone; hear my cry,
hear my call, hold my hand lest I fall:
Take my hand, precious Lord, lead me home.
3. When the darkness appears and the night draws near,
and the day is past and gone,
at the river I stand, guide my feet, hold my hand:
Take my hand, precious Lord, lead me home.
Words and Music: Thomas A. Dorsey, 1938 "Precious Lord"

HE IS A FAITHFUL GOD.

Deuteronomy 7:9
KJV: Know therefore that the Lord thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations.
AMP: Know, recognize and understand therefore that the Lord your God, He is God, the faithful God, Who keeps covenant and steadfast love and mercy with those who love Him and keep His commandments, to a thousand generations.
NCV: So know that the Lord your God is God, the faithful God. He will keep his agreement of love for a thousand lifetimes for people who love him and obey his commands.

Deuteronomy 32:4
KJV: He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment; a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.
AMP: He is the Rock, His work is perfect; for all His ways are law and justice, a God of faithfulness, without breach or deviation, just and right is He.
NCV: He is like a rock; what he does is perfect, and he is always fair. He is a faithful God who does no wrong, who is right and fair.

Prayer:
Oh Lord God, You are a faithful God. I ask you to bless all my friends who are going through a very rough time. Help us to remember that You are a faithful God. You are our Rock; You are our God and all Your work is perfect. We says this by faith because our understanding is small. Grant us Thy peace and joy of knowing that You are faithful to us. We love You. We thank you. In Jesus' name. Amen.