Friday, April 18, 2008

Faith in God - 8

Song: Victory
I am trusting in the Lord,
I am standing on His Word,
Victory... Victory...
I have peace and joy within,
Since my life is free from sin,
Victory... Victory...
Chorus: Victory... yes, victory...
Hallelujah! I am free,
Jesus gives me victory,
glory, glo...ry, hallelujah!
He is all... in all to me...

John 16:33 - Jesus said:

KJV: "These things I have spoken unto you, that
in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall
have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have
overcome the world."
NCV: "I told you these things so that you can
have peace in me. In this world you will have
trouble, but be brave! I have defeated the world.
1 John 5:4
KJV: "... this is the victory that overcometh
the world, even our faith."
NCV: "...And this is the victory that conquers
the world--our faith."

Dorothy:
What is in the world that we need to overcome with?
The note from Preacher's Outline says:
"The thing that man needs is victory over the world. Why? Because the world is full of: suffering, disease, accidents, corruption, hate, bitterness, immorality, destroyed families, wickedness, drugs, drunkenness, envy, murder, war, arguments, backbiters, pride, arrogance, hunger, homelessness, pain, hurt, selfishness, and greed. Then there is the most fatal blow of all: corruption and death. Without exception we are all corrupt and we all die. The one thing that man needs above all else is victory over the world with all its corruption and death. How then can he triumph and conquer the world? How can he overcome the world? By believing that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. When a person believes that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, God gives him a new heart. He is "born of God"--spiritually born of God. IT IS HIS FAITH THAT OVERCOMES THE WORLD. It means that God gives the believer victory over all the trials and temptations of life."