Thursday, January 31, 2013

His Amazing Grace

1 Corinthians 15:10a “But God's grace has made me what I am, and His grace to me was not wasted (NCV).”

Who said this? It was Paul, who had written 14 Epistles in the Bible. His life was changed and our lives can be changed through Jesus Christ our Lord! Paul continued to say: “All the other apostles are greater than I am. I am not good enough to be called an apostle because I persecuted the church of God (1Cor.15:9 ncv). “I worked harder than all the other apostles. (But it was not I really; it was God’s grace that was with me (ncv: 1 Cor. 15:10b.)  

What exactly did Paul do to persecute the church of God? Acts 8:3 tells us what he did: “Saul was going everywhere to devastate the church. He went from house to house, dragging out both men and women to throw them into jail” (QVLAB). Wow! No wonder, Paul embraced God’s amazing grace and gave him a chance to work for Jesus Christ and spread the gospel of grace. God’s amazing grace has reached our hearts so we could grow to love Him more each day and draw closer to Him. This song always touched my heart from time to time. This song even brings tears to my cheek as I thank God for amazing grace. I pray that God that would touch your hearts today and be changed in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen!

Amazing Grace
1. Amazing grace! How sweet that sound,
That saved a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.

2. 'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,
And grace my fears relieved;
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed!

3. Thro' many dangers, toils, and snares,
I have already come;
'Tis grace hath bro't me safe thus far,
And grace will lead me home.

4. When we've been there ten thousand years,
Bright shining as the sun,
We've no less days to sing God's praise
Than when we first begun.
(Lyrics: John Newton; John P. Rees 1831)

May God bless you real good!

Dorothy

No comments: