Friday, January 11, 2013

A Spirit of Fear

2 Timothy 1:7
For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

In the morning, I drew a verse card from the box. When I read this verse, I was impressed that God had seen what I was going through. Even without realizing what I was doing, I had developed "a spirit of fear" because of the new technology device I was learning to use. I used self-discipline to get myself into the new technology when I didn't really want to do this. I had "spirit of fear" because there were so much to learn and so much to do. This verse hits me as if God was telling me that He did not give me the spirit of fear.

So I looked up the commentary and I translated it into my deaf language so that it became clear to me.

Paul was talking about three characters that would make a Christian leader very successful. It is power, love and self-discipline. The power, love and self-discipline are available to us because Holy Spirit is the one that lives inside of us. When we remind ourselves each day what we have, our lives will show fully in our character.

When I read this commentary, I was so impressed to be reminded what it takes to make a Christian leader very successful. God's power in us; God's love; and Holy Spirit offered self-discipline if we take it. So my friend, know this that if you have the "spirit of fear," get out of it and bind it by confessing this verse, "God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, and of love and of a strong mind." In Jesus' name. Amen!

So keep trusting God!

Dorothy

PS. News about Albert Jones. The patch was removed and the surgeon was pleased that the inside wall of retina was fixed so now Albert was able to see more lights and his vision improved slowly. He could only see a person up-close. His sight continue to improved slowly. The next surgery on cataract on the other eye will be scheduled. Please continue to pray for him. Thank you. 

No comments: