Friday, January 18, 2013

Grace Abound

2 Corinthians 9:8 "God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that ye . . . may abound to every good work."

KJV: And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work.
NTL: And God will generously provide all you need. Then you will always have everything you need and plenty left over to share with others.

The meaning of the dictionary, abound:
1. to be present in large numbers like wildlife abounds.
2. to be filled or abundantly supplied like a stream abounding in fish.
For us, the meaning of the word, abound:
1. generously provide all you need.
2. always having all sufficiency in all things.
3. plenty left over to share with others.

It takes faith to hold on to God’s word when the Scripture said: God is able to make all grace abound toward you when you are constantly suffering with pain. When I think of a few friends who are going through this, I often wondered what exactly God is up to. One, maybe, He is working on character building to be like His Son and two … I don’t exactly know, but I put my trust in God knowing He has a plan. His plan is to make all His grace abound to meet our needs. Deep in my heart, I trust Him.

Sometimes healing comes, when you focus on doing good work to others who are in need. I find this true so often. God blessed so much more when you share with others. To become a generous person, it takes God’s love inside of you to do this. The love inside will make you tender and a loving person that radiant Christ inside of you.

Sometimes a prayer song really helps, “Christ Is the Answer.”

Christ is the answer to all my longing;
Christ is the answer to all my need.
Savior, Baptizer, the Great Physician,
Oh, hallelujah! He is all I need.
(Emil Balliet, Sing His Praise)

Dorothy
January 18-20, 2013

No comments: