Sunday, February 3, 2013

Words of Grace

Luke 4:22a ncv
“All the people spoke well of Jesus and were amazed at the words of grace he spoke.

QVLAB: All who were there spoke well of him and were amazed by the gracious words that fell from his lips. “How can this be?” they asked. “Isn’t this Joseph’s son?”

What were the words of grace that Jesus had spoken that the people were impressed with? Jesus simply opened the book of Isaiah and found the place where this was written:
        The Lord has put his Spirit in me,
            because He appointed me to tell the
                  Good news to the poor.
       He has sent me to tell the captives they are free
            and to tell the blind that they can see again.
      God sent me to free those who have been treated unfairly
            and to announce the time when the Lord will show
                  His kindness.

Jesus closed the book, gave it back to the assistant and sat down. Everyone in the synagogue was watching Jesus closely. He began to say to them, “While you heard these words just now, they were coming true!” So all the people spoke well of Jesus and were amazed at the words of grace he spoke (Luke 4:17-22 ncv). When Jesus speaks, His words always inspired. It was the Holy Spirit that made His words full of grace that would reach an open heart. His word enriched us!

Song: Wonderful Grace of Jesus
1. Wonderful grace of Jesus,
Greater than all my sin;
How shall my tongue describe it?
Where shall its praise begin?
Taking away my burden,
Setting my spirit free,
For the wonderful grace of Jesus reaches me.
Chorus:
Wonderful the matchless grace of Jesus,
Deeper than the mighty rolling sea;
Higher than the mountain, sparking like a fountain,
All sufficient for me,
Broader than the scope of my transgressions,
Greater far than all my sin and shame;
O magnify the precious name of Jesus,
Praise His Name!
(Haldor Lillenas, Sing His Praise)

May the Lord bless you today!
Dorothy

No comments: