Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Established By Grace

Hebrews 13:9c "... it is good that the heart be established by grace ..."
When I depend on God's grace, my heart becomes established. It is NOT because I deserve it. It is NOT because I earned his favor. It is not because i am good enough. The only thing I know that allow me to receive God's blessing is my faith in the finished work of Christ, my heart becomes established. I can stand firm on the promises of His Word because Jesus paid the price for me. That is grace which I don't deserve, but I believe and I receive!

To be clearer about the word, established, I need to dig it. The dictionary meaning:
1: to make a permanent part of a nation's laws like establish a constitution.
2: to put securely in place or cause to have a firm and lasting position like establish a statue on its base.
3a: to bring into existence: FOUND like establish a school. b: to cause to exist: BRING ABOUT like establish a good relationship or establish radio contact.
4: to set on a firm basis like establish their children in business.
5: to gain full recognition or acceptance of like establish a claim or establish new ideas.

Also the meaning of the heart here would be like the most important part of our lives is to be set on a firm basis on God's undeserved and unmerited favor, GRACE. (It means we don't deserve it and we cannot earn favor by being good). It is a gift of God, grace.

Song: Grace Greater than Our Sin
Marvelous grace of our loving Lord,
Grace that exceeds our sin and our guilt,
Yonder on Calvary's mount ourpoured,
There where the blood of the Lamb was split.
Chorus:
Grace, grace, God's grace,
Grace that will pardon and cleanse within;
Grace, grace, God's grace,
Grace that is greater than all our sin.
(Julia Harriette Johnston, Sing His Praise)

Dorothy
PS. Ooooo, that feels good! Established by God's grace!
(January 29, 2013)

No comments: