Tuesday, January 15, 2013

My Hiding Place

Psalm 32:7 Bread Card Verse
KJV: Thou art my hiding place;
              thou shalt preserve me from trouble;
                        thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance.
QVLAB: For you are my hiding place;
      you protect me from trouble.
            You surround me with songs of victory.

Song: Hiding in Thee
O safe to the Rock that is higher than I,
My soul in its conflicts and sorrows would fly;
So sinful, so weary, Thine, Thine would I be;
Thou blest “Rock of Ages,” I’m hiding in Thee.
Chorus:
Hiding in Thee, Hiding in Thee,
Thou blest “Rock of Ages,”
I’m hiding in Thee.
(William Orcutt Cushing, Sing His Soul)

Chorus: He Hideth My Soul
He hideth my soul in the cleft of the rock
That shadows a dry, thirsty land;
He hideth my life in the depths of His love,
And covers me there with His hand,
And covers me there with His hand.
(Fanny Jane Crosby, Sing His Praise)

What does the word, hide means? In the dictionary it says:
1: to put or get out of sight: Conceal like hide a treasure or hid in the closet.
2. to keep secret like hide one’s grief.
3. to screen from view like a house hidden by trees or clouds hid the sun.
4. to seek protection like hidden from danger.

That meaning makes me appreciate God so much more so I pray: For You, Lord are my hiding place, You protect me from trouble and problems that I have. You lead me to find songs of victory so that I would learn to keep my eyes on You. You hide my life and covers me with Your love and healing divine. When I sang the song of victory, You brought deliverance and healing powers in my body. Thank You, Father in Jesus’ name, I pray, amen!

So sing a song that brings you closer to God!

Dorothy 

No comments: