Monday, January 7, 2013

Bind It!

I want to share with you what was happening recently. I had prayed, "Lord, what was that 'creeping thing that felt like, it was trying to bring oppression or maybe depression' upon me? I don't like this. I refused to accept this. But it felt like it was trying to keep me from doing something good. "Lord, how am I going to overcome this even though I had been praying through?" Somehow I felt led to pick up the book that was given to me by Becky Reeder of Frankfort, Illinois. I turned the page and read a portion that surprised me. Maybe a story that sometimes brings uplifting spirit so here goes.

A story by Dutch Sheets, Intercessory Prayer.
"I was trying to mediate a peace between three parties. The circumstance had reached a potentially violent point, and I had been assured by one party that on the following morning he was going to get physical. I knew he meant it and that someone would be hurt and others would be in jail. I was up quite late praying, pleading God to stop this when, at 2:00 A.M., the Lord shocked me with these words: 'Why are you begging Me to do this? You know My will in this situation. And the problem is caused by a spirit of anger and violence. BIND IT! DECLARE MY WORD AND WILL into the situation.'
I did and went to bed. The next morning, for some "unexplainable" reason, without any discussion, everyone had a change of heart. Peace and harmony ruled where the night before violence and anger had reigned. What had happened?
Paga happened.
Calvary happened.
Psalm 110:2 happened: "The Lord will stretch forth Thy strong scepter from Zion, saying,
'Rule in the midst of Thine enemies.' " Page 150.

What this mean to me after I read the portion that Dutch wrote? Did you felt the oppression? BIND IT. Bind the oppression and declare "BEGONE, Satan!" Did you felt the depression "creeping in?" God said, "BIND IT!" So I did and I said, "I bind the depression and said, 'begone Satan!' " I believe that prayer is for someone who was going through this and want you to know that God said to "Declare His Word and bind it" in the name of Jesus. Amen!

By faith I am set free in Jesus' name! So it be! Amen!

Song: Set My Spirit Free.
Set my spirit that I might worship Thee.
Set my spirit free that I might praise Thy name.
Let all bondage go,
and let deliverance flow.
Set my spirit to worship Thee.
(By John Haddock, Sing His Praise)

Dorothy Callies

No comments: