Thursday, January 17, 2013

More Grace

James 4:6c "He ... giveth grace unto the humble."

James 4:6 - QVLAB: He gives us more and more strength to stand against such evil desires. As the Scriptures say, “God sets himself against the proud, but he shows favor to the humble.”

James 4:10 was my constant reminder whenever I faced a hostile situation, I would quote, “Humble yourself in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.” To the humble means leaning on His power and His guidance, and not going our own independent way. I have seen the works of the Lord who had lifted me up  when I do not really deserve God’s favor. He cares; He loves; He embraces; He hugs and He cries, too. There’s a song that I always remember, “He giveth more grace.” When I sang this song, somehow it just lifts my spirit as He “clothed me with His grace and His strength.” That’s the beauty of this.

Song: He Giveth More Grace
1. He giveth more grace when the burden grows greater;
(ASL: When burden too heavy, He gives more grace)
He sendeth more strength when the labors increase.
(ASL: When work too much, He gives more strength)
To added affliction, He addeth His mercy;
(ASL: Many problems; more mercy He gives)
To multiplied trials, His multiplied peace.
(ASL: Many troubles; more peace He gives)
Chorus:
His love has no limit; His grace has no measure;
His power has no boundary known unto men.
For out of His infinite riches in Jesus,
He giveth, and giveth and giveth again.
(Annie Johnson Flint, Sing His Praise)

May the Lord gives you grace and strength for today!

Dorothy
(Jan.16-17, 2013) 

No comments: