Tuesday, May 18, 2010

See the King

Good morning from Edmonton, Canada!

On May 16th, I met Pastor Joyce Supersad of
Cornerstone Community Church of Edmonton and
I ask for permission to buy an old song book.
Her face was so tender and she said to me that
I could have it. Oh, that was sweet. So now I
will cherish the "Melodies of Praise" song book.

On May 17th, Tony and I were in the condo's dining
room, comparing two song books. I had a sudden urge
to pray and suddenly I sang, "We Shall See the King."

We shall see the King, We shall see the King,
We shall see the King when He comes;
He is coming in power, we'll hail the blessed hour,
We shall see the King when He comes.
(J.B. Vaughn; Melodies of Praise 1957)

Zechariah prophecied, "Behold, thy King cometh
unto thee: he is just, and ... lowly, and riding
... upon a colt ..." (Zechariah 9:9).

Matthew 21:1-11 tells that Jesus asked for a
colt and He rode into Jerusalem. The prophecy
was fulfilled, "Behold, thy King cometh unto
thee, meek, and sitting.. upon a colt" (Matt.21:5).

The city of Jerusalem have 12 gates. One of
them is called the Eastern Gate and it is
closed. Some day the Eastern Gate will be
opened again and we shall see the King walking
through the Eastern Gate. He is coming again.

Do come Lord Jesus!