Monday, May 24, 2010

Grace & Strength

KJV: “My grace is sufficient for thee: for
my strength is made perfect in weakness.”
NCV: “My grace is enough for you. When you
are weak, my power is made perfect in you.”
2 Corinthians 12:9a

What is grace? Grace is God's presence, favor,
and power. It is a force, a heavenly strength
given to you who call upon God. This grace will
come down upon you, the faithful believer who
accepts the weaknesses and difficulties for the
gospel's sake. When our weakness and trials for
Christ is too great to bear, God will give us
more grace to do what He wants us to do. What
He gives is always enough for us to live our
daily lives, to work for Him, and to endure
our suffering. When we come near to Christ,
Christ will give His heavenly strength and
comfort on us.

Like Paul, when we say, our weakness bring
glory to God and the power of Christ will
come upon us and live within us as we look
forward to our heavenly home.

Prayer: Dear Heavenly Father, I pray for
strength and healing for our weak bodies
and that we will glorify You because of
Your love for us. Thank You for Your presence,
Your favor and Your power upon us in Jesus'
name I pray, amen.

Song: At Calvary
Mercy there was great, and grace was free;
Pardon there was multiplied to me;
There my burdened soul found liberty,
At Cal – va – ry ....
[William R Newell]