Thursday, May 27, 2010

Belong to Jesus

"... God, who hath reconciled us to himself
by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the
ministry of reconciliation." II Cor. 5:18

Reconciliation: the message is a world of
people can be brought back to God. It means
for us to change from being enemies with God
to being friends with God; to bring us and
God together. (Thank you Tony)

Somehow the Holy Spirit brought this chorus,
"Now I belong to Jesus" and it is like a new
relationship with Jesus. It is like God wants
us to be more close to Him and a sense of
belonging to Him forever.

Chorus: Now I Belong to Jesus
Now I belong to Jesus. Jesus belongs to me,
Not for the years of time alone, But for eternity.

1. Jesus my Lord will love me forever;
From Him no pow’er of evil can sever;
He gave His life to ransom my soul.
Now I belong to Him. (Chorus)

2. Once I was lost in sin’s degradation;
Jesus came down to bring me salvation,
Lifted me up from sorrow and shame,
Now I belong to Him. (Chorus)

3. Joy floods my soul for Jesus has saved me,
Freed me from sin that long had enslaved me;
His precious blood He gave to redeem.
Now I belong to Him. (Chorus)
(Norman John Clayton)

Now you belong to Him!