Thursday, February 7, 2008

Little Children - 4

Galatians 4:19
KJV (Paul said,) "My little children of whom I
travail in birth again until Christ be formed
in you."
NCV "My little children again I feel the pain
of childbirth for you until you truly become
like Christ."

Dorothy:
Why did Paul called Galatians people, "My little
children"? Because they had just been born again
and Paul taught them many things so they could
grow in the grace of God. Galatians Christian had
many problems. Paul explained that when he prayed,
he would "suffer" like the feeling of "a mother"
who was going through the agony of pain again.

What did Paul meant "again"? Before He had prayed for
the people to be saved in Christ. Now Paul prayed for
Galatians people as "a baby Christian" to grow and
become mature and to learn to know the difference
between right and wrong things to do.

What does this applies to us?

Paul prayed the same prayers for us to become mature in
Christ and be able to do the ministry He has called us to
do. We are already intercessors and all we need to do is
to "pray for others" and the goal is we all grow in Christ.

Prayer song:
Let the beauty of Jesus be seen in me,
All His wonderful passion and purity;
Oh, Thou Spirit divine, All my nature refine
Till the beauty of Jesus be seen in me.

Refine= be changed for better