Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Little Children - 3

Song: Jesus Loves Me
Jesus loves me! this I know, For the Bible tells me so;
Little ones to Him belong; They are weak, but He is strong.
Chorus:
Yes, Jesus loves me; Yes, Jesus loves me;
Yes, Jesus loves me; The Bible tells me so.

2. Jesus loves me! He who died, Heaven's gate to open wide;
He will wash away my sin. Let His little child come in.
3. Jesus loves me! He will stay Close beside me all the way;
If I love him, when I die He will take me home on high.

Matthew 18:5,6,10 NVC
Whoever accepts a child in my name accepts me. If one of
these little children believes in me, and someone causes
that child to sin, it would be better for that person to
have a large stone tied around the neck and be drowned in
the sea. Be careful. Don't think these little children are
worth nothing. I tell you that they have angels in heaven
who are always with my Father in heaven.

Dorothy:

There are two meanings of "a child." One that is actually
a child in the flesh while another meaning is a person who
just accepts Christ and is like a little child spiritually
or not mature in the Lord. Jesus cares very much for the
children and He even warns about hurting the child. A baby
and a child are very tender and very innocent. It would anger
Christ if someone offend or cause to hurt them. He even went
on to say that if anyone who hurt a child, would be better off
"dead" and not live at all. There is judgment against anyone
who would ever try to hurt others. His word of warning should
make us pray daily to watch what we say to others.

Prayer:
Dear Heavenly Father, we ask You to help us to practice Psalm
141:3, "Set a watch, O LORD, before my mouth; keep the door of
my lips." KJV and NCV "Lord, help me, control my tongue; help me
be careful about what I say." Help me not to judge others as
Matthew 7:1 reminds me not to judge. "Lord, I give myself unto
prayer." (Ps. 109:4b). Fill me again with Thy Holy Spirit that
I may not sin against Thee in Jesus' name I pray. Amen!
(Ps. 119:11b)