Sunday, February 10, 2008

Perfect Praise!

Psalm 8:2 niv
From the lips of children and infants You
have ordained praise because of your
enemies to silence the foe and avenger.

Amplified Psalm 8:2
Out of the mouths of babes and unweaned
infants You have established strength
because of Your foes, that You might
silence the enemy and the avenger.
[Matt. 21:15,16.]

Dorothy:
Jesus quoted from Psalm 8:2 and interpreted
this: Out of the mouths of babes and unweaned
infants You have made perfect praise.

When I got up in the morning I started to sing,
"I just want to praise the name of the Lord,
I just want to sing unto the Lord. I just want
to praise the name of the Lord, I just want to
sing unto the Lord".

Then question came to me:
Why does the Holy Spirit urges me to sing a
song of praises when I just got up in the
morning? He reminded me that singing put enemies
to silence or to be quiet and not to disturb us.
You might want to read Matthew 21:1-16 about the
chief priests and the scribes who complained
against Jesus about children singing praises to
Him and they wanted Jesus to silence them. If He
silent the children, then the rock will praise
Him, anyway. So let's praise Him through songs or
even just quote from the book of Psalms!

So let's pray:
Heavenly, Father, may the Holy Spirit reminds us today
that "Perfect praise will put enemies to silence"! Thank
you for the wonderful Word of God as a reminder to keep
in touch with You. Thank You for Holy Spirit who helps
us day by day. Truly He is a friend! In Jesus' Name!
Amen! Reprint from Dec. 2007