Thursday, February 25, 2016

Renewed Day by Day 2/25

25 February 2016 - Renewed Day by Day – Card Verse by Dorothy Callies

“… Though our outer man is [progressively] decaying and wasting away, yet our inner self is being [progressively] renewed day after day” (II Corinthians 4:16 Amplified Bible).  KJV: “… though outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.”
 
Renewal is a law of God.  We renew our bodies each day by eating food. The Word of God is our spiritual food.  We need to renew our minds in the Word of God.

Our Father in Heaven doesn’t want us to renew our minds occasionally. II Corinthians 4:16 tells us to renew our minds on a daily basis.

If we obey these instructions from God, we’ll continually change our thinking to more and more like He thinks.  “…be constantly renewed in the spirit of your mind [having a fresh mental and spiritual attitude]… (Ephesians 4:23).

Song: I’m Going Through
          (Inspiring Choruses)
I’m going through, I’m going through
I’ll pay the price, whatever others do,
I’ll take the way of the Lord’s anointed few
I’m going through, Jesus, I’m going through.

Dorothy: Praise the Lord!  It is a big encouragement to see this written from the Card Verse this morning.  It is worth the price to dig into His Word and be renewed day by day. His Word is indeed our spiritual food. Again, I am greatly encouraged and I sing this song again.

I’m going through, I’m going through
I’ll pay the price, whatever others do,
I’ll take the way of the Lord’s anointed few
I’m going through, Jesus, I’m going through.

Prayer: Oh, heavenly Father, thank You for this wonderful verse from Paul who wrote this for us to remember that our inward man is renewed day by day. Truly, we are under Your grace, through Jesus Christ our Lord, our Redeemer who paid the great price for us at the cross! Thank You and we worship You and we love You. In Jesus’ name we pray, Amen!

Prayer in need: Please pray for Alice Hodgson’s husband, Fred who is having a lot of problems with ringing in his ears (tinnitus). Lots of medicine did not seems to help him. He shakes badly and is in ER. Alice and her daughter, RN do not know what to do even when they prayed and Fred prayed. So I asked her for permission for Deaf Prayer Partners Lifeline news for Fred. So please help with prayer partners’ chain for Fred Hodgson.

No comments: