Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Keep Me in Peace 2/23

23 Feb 2016 - Keep Me in Peace – Devotion by Dorothy Callies

Song to Jesus: Keep Me in Perfect Peace
(Dorothy Callies made it personal from Isaiah 26:3)

You will keep me in perfect peace
When my mind is stayed on Thee;

When the shadows come and darkness falls
You give me inward peace;

You are the only perfect resting place –
You give me perfect peace!

You will keep me in perfect peace
When my mind is stayed on Thee.

Dorothy: Strange thought… perfect peace...? The Amplified Bible. Isaiah 26:3: “You will guard him and keep him in perfect and constant peace whose mind [both its inclination and its character] is stayed on You, because he commits himself to You, leans on You, and hopes confidently in You.”

The word, perfect depends on how it was used. Here it means complete peace. We could have complete calmness and quietness inside of our minds. Having a peace of mind does influence our character. This helps me to realize how to focus my thoughts … what was I thinking about… It is about guarding my wrong thoughts… when the darkness comes… Let’s pray!

Prayer: You, Lord, give true peace to those who depend on you, because they trust You. We trust in You Lord always, because You are our Rock forever (Isaiah 26:3-4 NCV). Thank You for revealing Your Words to guard our thought and our mind. Thank You Lord for keeping our mind on You through reading Your Words and quoting the card verses. Thank You for keeping us close to You through Jesus’ name we pray. Amen!


No comments: