Sunday, February 14, 2016

Happy Heart Day! 2/14-15

14-15 Feb 2016 - Our Hearts – Devotion by Dorothy Callies

Deut. 6:6 “These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts."

Happy Valentine Day!  And it falls on February 14th, on Sunday. It is all about “the heart.” In the stores everywhere, you would see some of the racks were full of Valentine’s cards with varieties shape of all kinds of hearts. I noticed people looking for the right cards to pick from the racks. My friend picked Valentine cards for nieces and nephews and families.

There were so many cards to choose from and to express them to friends, families and lovers. I received two cards, one from my sister with a help of her daughter and her great grandson who created a very cute card and it had two creative hearts on front. And another from my niece whose card were full of “hearts” picture in a candy machine. It looks like you would put a coin in a machine and take one heart out. When I opened the card 13 small confetti hearts fell out. It was really a cute card!

Does God have something to say about the heart? He certainly does. If you read Deut. 6:1-12 you would see the instructions from God. One of the commandment was “Thou shall love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might” (Deut. 6:5).

Such a practice was in keeping with the instructions Moses gave the Israelites when he told them to write the commandments of God on the doorframes of their houses and on their gates. They were to treasure God’s Word in their hearts, to impress it on to their children, and to talk about it when they walk along the road, when they lie down and when they get up (Deut.6:6-9).

We need to remember that during Moses’ time they didn’t have the Bible like we do now. We have the Bible to read and remind us of God’s instructions for our daily lives. I am very thankful for the Bible because sometimes we forget. So reading the Bible daily will keep us in tune with God.

May our faith be real and our commitment be true, so we can love the Lord our God with all our heart, soul, and strength in Jesus’ name we pray. Amen!

Song: Keep Me True, Lord Jesus
Keep me true, Lord Jesus, keep me true;
Keep me true, Lord Jesus, keep me true;
There’s a race that I must run,
There are victory to be won.
Give me power, every hour, to be true.
(Inspiring Choruses)

No comments: