Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Power to the Faint (7/1)

Happy July 1st of 2014 – Verse for the Day by Dorothy Callies

Isaiah 40:29 KJV, “He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might He increaseth strength.” NCV, “He gives strength to those who are tired and more power to those who are weak.”

Even the strongest people get tired at times, but God’s power and strength never diminish. Diminish means to make less or cause to appear less or to become gradually less. Another word, dwindle also means to make or become less. It is amazing that God’s power and strength never run out. There’s always plentiful.

God is never too tired or too busy to help and listen. His strength is our source of strength. When you feel all of life crushing you and you cannot go another step, remember that you can call upon God to renew your strength.

He gives power means He has authority to give; the ability to act; do something to give the weak, dizzy, and who are likely to collapse or to feel faint. He has authority to give you strength. He has ability to give you more strength. He has strength for the weak and who are dizzy. He gives and gives and gives again.

Prayer: Dear Jesus, help me walk in the courage of my faith. God, help me to remember that Your grace is plenty for me. Your strength in me is made perfect in my weakness. Thank you for making me new, fresh, and strong again. Thank You for giving my body a fresh supply of strength. By faith, my body is newly made fresh. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen!

Word of Encouragement from the Lord: In Jeremiah 31:25 “For I have given rest to the weary and joy to the sorrowing.” In Isaiah 41:10 “Fear thou not: for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am Thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of My righteousness.”

Let us trust our God for new strength in us!

Song: In the Name of the Lord
There is strength in the name of the Lord;
There is power in the name of the Lord;
There is hope in the name of the Lord;
Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord.
(Lyrics and Music: Phill McHugh, Gloria Gaither,
Sandi Patti Helvering, Sing His Praise)

No comments: