Friday, July 4, 2014

Forgive and Be Forgiven (7/4)

Happy 4th of July 2014 - Verse for the Day by Dorothy Callies

Luke 6:37c “Forgive, and ye shall be forgiven,” Jesus said.

I prayed and I asked God to give me the right verse for the day. I drew this Luke 6:37 from tiny box of Bread Card Verse. I admit, I was kind of surprised. I prayed, “Lord, is there a problem that we have about forgiving issue?” I assumed that we all forgive, don’t we?

A surprise replied from the Lord, “It was the way you talked. Study yourself carefully to what you say, you’ll see if that statement was actually forgiven or not.”

Then the Lord reminded me that I had talked about the wedding that was 47 years ago that I had ‘wished I had done things differently if I had my way.’ The Lord spoke, “You wish? Is that forgiveness? Or you haven’t forgive for what had already happened?”  

What made me talked about the wedding? I was watching several movies of Hallmark that involves the wedding issues. I saw how they handle it and I had wondered if I had done things differently. Then perhaps the influence of those movies causes me to ponder unaware that it creeps into my thoughts, ‘not able to forgive for allow this to happen.’

What do I do now, Lord? “Confess in your heart that the wedding came out just fine and that all things worked out for good.” The Lord continued, “You had a good wedding, and a wonderful singing wedding that was unforgettable experience. Focus on that and you will have a good forgiving spirit.”

Boy, do I feel different! Thank you, Lord for showing me this card verse, “Forgive and you shall be forgiven” actually save me from falling into the trap of “unforgiving spirit.” I find the meaning of the word, forgive, interesting so I came up with the questions.

Were you able to give up *resentment toward other person? If yes, that is forgiveness. Were you able to stop feeling *resentment against those who hurt you or spoil your plan? If your answer is yes, then that is forgiveness. Were you able to give up the *feeling of angry with displeasure at something regarded as a wrong, insult, or injury? If your answer is yes, that is forgiveness. You want others to do the same to you, to be forgiven.

The song, ‘Just when I need Him most’ is good because you could ask Jesus to come inside of you and allow Him to say with you, “I forgive them.” Watch how the work of the Holy Spirit will make you feel different. Trust Him!

Song: Just When I need Him Most
Just when I need Him most,
Just when I need Him most,
Jesus is near to comfort and cheer,
Just when I need Him most.
(Inspiring Choruses)


No comments: