Monday, July 28, 2014

Strong Hand, Yet Gentle (7/28-29)

28-29 July 2014 - Strong Hand, Yet Gentle – Manna by Dorothy Callies

Isaiah 40:10a-11b “Behold, the Lord God will come with strong hand, and His arm shall rule for Him …   and he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom …” [KJV].

Isaiah prophesied the salvation and hope for Israel from the beginning of chapter 40. Why? From chapter 39:6-8, Isaiah prophesied their future captivity with Babylon and that was discouraging for them to hear. It was fulfilled during Jeremiah’s time 585-580 B.C. They may have lost hope that God really care for them. They may have seen only God’s power in punishment for their disobedience and sins.

During 700-680 B.C. Isaiah, the prophet gave a message to the people what God was like from chapter 1 through 39. Isaiah prophesied of God’s judgment and He comes with strong hand. God comes with power. God’s arm shall rule.

Yes, God comes with authority like a mighty ruler, yet Isaiah revealed that His presence was also like that of a caring shepherd tending His lambs. Even Isaiah prophesied the sign of Immanuel, God with us (7:1-25). NLT quote, “He will feed His flock like a shepherd. He will carry the lambs in His arms, holding them close to His heart. He will gently lead mother sheep with their young” (Is.40:11.

What impressed me was like this:
Like a mighty God who comes in His great majestic power … He marched down with all the warring angels … walking along conquering … yet when He sees a child ... sat down by the tree … and heard the crying … He stopped … knelt down … His heart touched … He picked up the child … hold it close to Him … wipe the tears … gently speak to a child, “It’s okay ... I’m here …”

Oh … This is you … God heard your cry … He came down … He said to you, “It’s okay, I’m here for you. Trust me to lead you …”

Song: Love Lifted Me
I was sinking deep in sin, Far from the peaceful shore;
Very deeply stained within, Sinking to rise no more;
But the Master of the sea, Heard my despairing cry;
From the waters lifted me, Now safe am I.
Chorus:
Love lifted me! Love lifted me!
When nothing else could help,
Love lifted me.
Love lifted me! Love lifted me!
When nothing else could help,
Love lifted me.
(James Rowe, Sing His Praise)

No comments: