Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Draw Me Nearer (7/23-24)

Psalm 73:28 “But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord God, that I may declare all thy works” (KJV).

Do you ever felt like David quoted, “So foolish was I, and ignorant: I was as a beast before thee?” (Psalm 73:22 KJV). “I was senseless and stupid. I acted like an animal toward you” (Ps.73:22 NCV). Next several verses are more encouragement. Psalm 73:23-28 NLT: “Yet I still belong to You; You are holding my right hand. You will keep on guiding me with Your counsel, leading me to a glorious destiny. Whom have I in heaven but You? I desire You more than anything on earth.

My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but [You] God remains the strength of my heart: He is mine forever. But those who desert Him will perish, for You destroy those who abandon You. BUT AS FOR ME, HOW GOOD IT IS TO BE NEAR GOD! I HAVE MADE THE SOVEREIGN LORD MY SHELTER, AND I WILL TELL EVERYONE ABOUT THE WONDERFUL THINGS YOU (GOD) DO” (Psalm 73:23-28 NLT).

Interesting how I found Psalm 73:28 from the technology Franklin Holy Bible after I felt lead to sing a song, “Draw Me Nearer” and that came from “I Am Thine, O Lord” theme by Fanny Jane Crosby. I like to call it, “Draw Me Nearer” because I felt a need to draw myself to Him. I found that the Psalm 73:28 “… draw near to God” matched the chorus.

Song: Draw Me Nearer
Chorus: Draw me nearer, nearer, blessed Lord,
To the cross where Thou hast died;
Draw me nearer, nearer, nearer, blessed Lord,
To Thy precious bleeding side.

Oh, the pure delight of a single hour,
That before Thy throne I spend, 
When I kneel in prayer, and with Thee, my God,
I commune as friend with friend!
Chorus:
Draw me nearer, nearer, blessed Lord,
To the cross where Thou has died;
Draw me nearer, nearer, nearer, blessed Lord,
To Thy precious bleeding side.
(Lyrics: Fanny Jane Crosby, Sing His Praise)

Prayer: Dear Heavenly Father, thank You for rescue me when I felt foolish for using so much time on other things.  Holy Spirit, help me to set aside my certain time for You. Thank You for finding the verses that match my feelings and I was able to confess and ask for forgiveness. And the beauty of this was that You even lead me to sing a song to draw me to You even before I found this reading of Psalm 73:22-28.

You even forgave me when I haven’t asked You for it. You knew, yet You draw me nearer to You. This humbled my heart how much You loved me and helped me to draw close to You. How amazing God You are! Thank You so much for loving me. Maybe others might have felt that and we thank You for today’s Manna to meet our needs in Jesus’ name, amen!

No comments: