Monday, July 21, 2014

Be Not Troubled or Alarmed (7/21-22)

Matthew 24:6 NIV, “You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come.”

One deaf man left a Sign Mail on our VP and he told me that he saw TV news about the wars. He named the important people who talked about the wars. “It is terrible,” he said. Also he asked me, “What’s your opinion on this?”

This got me to dig into the Bible to find out what Jesus say about the wars. I read Matthew chapter 24 so many times, but I did not give it a deep thought until a deaf man brought this up. So I pay attention to what “Jesus say about the wars.” So Let us read on.

KJV quote: “And ye shall hear of wars and rumors of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet” (Matt.24:6). The word, troubled means become disturbed mentally or spiritually: WORRY. The word, disturb means showing signs of emotional.

We become disturbed when things change from peace to hearing the news about rumors of wars. In another meaning, we are feeling uneasy and a sense of confusion. We normally do not like to hear about the wars. We sighed! We worried!

But Jesus has something to say about that. Jesus said, “See that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass.” Jesus is saying that you are not to worry. See for yourself that you do not allow yourself to become so emotional when you hear about the rumors of wars. Let there be peace inside of you!

I repeat from NIV: Jesus said, “See to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen.” Do not be alarmed. Do not become frighten or worry. Do not allow fear in you when you hear the news about the sudden danger from seeing the wars on TV news.

Jesus encourages us to watch and pray. Ask the Holy Spirit to help you to be strong.  Keep your faith in Jesus and keep the fellowship with Him through prayer and songs.  Read His Word and study the devotions. Encourage other Deaf to keep trusting God in all things. I found a song that match this. I was so impressed. Praise the Lord!

Song: I Just Keep Trusting My Lord
I just keep trusting my Lord as I go along,
I just keep trusting my Lord and He gives a song;
Thought the storm clouds darken the sky,
Over the heavenly trail,
I just keep trusting my Lord,
He will never fail.
He’s a faithful friend, such a faithful friend
I can count on Him to the very end;
Though storm clouds darken the sky
Over the heavenly trail
I just keep trusting my Lord,
He will never fail.
(Inspiring Choruses, Author unknown)

No comments: