Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Come Forth as Gold (7/2-3)

Verse for the Day by Dorothy Callies

Job 23:10 KJV, “He knoweth the way I take: when He has tried me, I shall come forth as gold.” NIV, “But He knows the way I take; when He has tested me, I will come forth as gold.”

What does the Scripture meant when it says, “He knows the way I take?” What does God knows about? The word, know means to have understanding of; to recognize the nature of; to recognize the identity of; to be acquainted or familiar with. I interpret this: He knows my nature. He knows me. He knows my heart.

The Amplified Bible quotes “But He knows the way I take [He has concern for it, appreciates, and pays attention to it.] When He tried me, I shall come forth as refined gold [pure and luminous, *shine by its own lights]. *Dictionary meaning of luminous.

The word, tried means found good, faithful, or trustworthy through experience or testing. The other word testing would be “to melt down and obtain in a pure state or something.” It is like a gold that need to be purified by heat. The gold that is being tried by melt down in a pot through the intense heat. The hotter it gets, the debris, the fragments of rock, a part or pieces that are broken off. At the final stage, the gold is refined and purified, and pour into metal shapes like into jewelry and coins.

What God knows will help us to understand what Job was saying, “He knows the way I take; when He has tested me, I will come forth as gold.” Job felt confident that God still cared about his life and that God knew no adversity (friends who oppose him) would turn Job away from being faithful to Him. No adversity or hardship would make Job give up on God.

Job saw his suffering as a test of his faith in and love for the Lord. Job’s test was similar to that of Abraham when he was told to sacrifice his son Isaac (Gen. 22). Jesus Christ Himself was tested by the suffering He went through (Heb. 5:8). Now Jesus Christ is our example (1 Peter 2:21); we as His followers are required to walk in similar steps (Heb. 13:12-13).

I believe the Lord speaking to you. “Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ’s sufferings; that, when His glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy” (1 Peter 4:12-13).

 NCV: “My friends, do not be surprised at the terrible trouble which comes to test you. Do not think that something strange is happening to you. But be happy that you are sharing in Christ’s suffering so that you will be happy and full of joy when Christ comes again in glory.”

Song: It Will Be Worth It All
It will be worth it all when we see Jesus,
Life’s trials will seem so small when we see Christ;
One glimpse of His dear face, all sorrow will erase,
So bravely run the race, till we see Christ.
(Inspiring Choruses)

No comments: