Saturday, March 1, 2014

Many Troubles, But Lord Delivers

March 1-3, 2014 - Righteous Man – Bread Card Verse by Dorothy Callies

Psalms 34:19, NIV “Righteous man may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all.”
            Today is a new month of March 1st, 2014 and I was really impressed with the February 2014 list of “Jesus Is.” Manna requires time of study and I really enjoyed getting to know Jesus through His Word. This early morning was my usual routine to find God’s Word for my soul.
            I asked the Lord, “Why could there be any healings when I prayed?” As I pondered this, I took out a card with verse that says, “I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eyes” Psalm 32:8. Then I pulled out another card verse and read, “Righteous man may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all” Psalm 34:19, NIV.
            I looked up the KJV Bible and read Psalm 34:19 “Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the Lord delivereth him out of them all.” Then I happened to notice the next verse 20, “He keepeth all his bones: not one of them is broken.” NIV says, “He protects all his bones, not one of them will be broken.” [I am aware this prophecy was fulfilled when our Lord Jesus Christ was on the cross and that not one of his bones was broken.]
             The Lord brought back memory of many years ago when Tony was helping to fix someone’s Mobile Home roof and he was climbing on the ladder to about eight feet high. A friend was supposed to hold the ladder from wobbling; instead he didn’t feel good and sat down. Tony was swaying with the ladder and he fell eight feet to the concrete ground. Then ambulance came and took him to ER. They took x-rays through his body twice and checked them twice because they could not find any broken bones from the fall except a little fracture on his hip where he fell on the side.
            The Lord reminded me, “He protects all Tony’s bones and not one of them was broken.” All Tony suffered was the pain all over his body and he went home the next day. The nurse taught him to take aspirin every four hours for several days to tolerate the pain until all his muscles would heal itself. Then he was okay.
            Last two years ago, I had noticed Tony’s face was ash white and to save long story, the Skin Surgeon save his life by referred him to the heart Doctor which led him to have catheter and the surgeon put two stents in his upper heart. Before the stents, he had only 40% of oxygen, after the stents his oxygen improved and his face were pink and normal. The Lord reminded me that He led the doctors to spare Tony’s life two years ago.
            Now I am asking for special prayer request for Tony Callies. Please pray for Tony Callies’ upcoming Stress tests for two days at St. Joseph Hospital Admitting Outpatient on March 6th and 7th from morning to noon. They are going to test him with contrast fluid through an IV line which helps arteries to show up early for Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm. When Tony meets with the Heart Surgeon on March 17, they will discuss about the tests result.
            Then I see the verse, “Righteous man may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all.” What kind of deliverance would that be? The Lord wants to deliver us from fears, depresses, worries and concerns? God wants us to have peace with Him and He has a plan for our lives. So I am trusting God day by day, how about you?

Song: Trust in the Lord
Trust in the Lord with all your heart
     and lean not to your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him
     and He shall direct your paths. (Repeat)
Trust in the Lord, trust in the Lord!
(Words: Proverbs 3:5-6, Roland Tabell 1970)

No comments: