Thursday, February 27, 2014

Jesus is Your Everything

February 27-28, 2014 - Jesus is Your Everything – Manna by Dorothy Callies

Psalm 23:1-3a “The Lord is my Shepherd, I have everything I need. He lets me rest in green meadows; He leads me beside peaceful streams. He renews my strength. (NLT).

In the Old Testament of Psalm 23, God compares Himself to a shepherd so we could envision His great love for His people. In the New Testament, the Lord Jesus Himself used the same idea to express His relationship to His people. God, through Christ and by the Holy Spirit, is so concerned about each of us that His great desires is to love, care for, protect, guide, and to be near us just as a good shepherd does for his own sheep. We, the believers are the Lord’s sheep.

If we like a sheep have gone astray, remember to turn back to the Lord who has redeemed us with His shed blood and we belong to Him (1Peter 1:18-19). “Jesus has the power of God, by which He has given us everything we need to live and to serve God. We have these things because we know Him” (2Peter 1:3 NCV).  I can do all things through Christ because He gives me strength” (Phil.4:13 NCV).

In Psalm 23:1 KJV, “The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want” means that I will not lack or miss anything necessary for God’s plan to be worked on in my life. I will be satisfied in the Good Shepherd who provides my needs, even in times of personal hardship, because I trust in His love and His commitment (care) to me.

In Psalm 23:2 KJV, “He maketh me to lie down in green pastures” means He will let me rest. The Holy Spirit, my Counselor will help me enter His presence and I will experience in the “green pastures” through studying His Word for my abundant life. “He leadeth me beside the still waters” means Christ will lead me to the infilling of the Holy Spirit who brings me the deep inner peace.

In Psalm 23:3a KJV “He restoreth my soul” means He renew my strength. When I become discouraged, the Good Shepherd will revive me and re-energizes my soul through His power and grace. Truly, “He is my everything, He is my all. He is my everything, great or small. He gave His life for me, made everything anew, He is my everything. Friends, how about you?” (Inspiring Choruses)

             Song: He’s Everything to Me
In sin I once had wandered all weary, sad, and lone,
Till Jesus through His mercy adopted me His own;
Ever since I learned to trust Him, His grace doeth make me free;
And now I feel His pardon; He’s everything to me.
Chorus:
He’s everything to me; From sin He sets me free;
His peace and love my portion thro’ all eternity!
He’s everything to me, More than my dreams could be;
O praise His name forever; He’s everything to me.
(Lyrics: Hampton H. Sewell, Sing His Praise)

No comments: