Sunday, October 30, 2011

WHEN GOD TOUCHED ME

When God touched me and said,
“It’s time to be with Me, please.”
“But God, there’s so much to do.
I can’t sit and be at ease.”

Suddenly I felt the pain in my heart.
In my spirit I saw God cried
Like a child, being pushed away.
I felt so empty and so dried.

“God, I didn’t mean to hurt You.
Oh, not to hurt you this much.
I get so confused and mixed up.
I am always in a great rush.

“Oh, God, how can I sit still
And let all things go by?
Sometimes I wish I just go away
From everything, I want to die.

“So many, many things in my mind
Go round and round likes a windmill.”
Finally I sat down and scolded myself,
“Listen to God and be very still.

“God wants me to rest and relax
From all turmoil and all tide.”
Suddenly things became strangely quiet.
I could feel all loosen up inside.

As I waited, I felt so very strange.
So restful, it was meant to be.
As I waited quietly before God,
That is WHEN GOD TOUCHED ME.

He gave me great peace of mind.
He filled my soul with great love.
Now I can truly enjoy my work
‘Cause God’s strength came from above.

--Written by Dorothy Callies
--Inspired by Holy Spirit
November 1981

No comments: