Monday, October 17, 2011

The Red Carpet?

Romans 5:3 KJV
“… we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience.”

Ouch! Ouch? Why should Paul talk about glory in tribulations? You know, most of us Christians visualized “the red carpet” rolled out for us because we have “A Great Big Wonderful God” in our lives. Just like God rolled back the mighty RED SEA for the Israelite to walk through. It was like God had rolled out “the red carpet” at the same time God pushed back the mighty RED SEA. We know that God is so powerful; He should be able to fix things automatically? Why? He is OUR GOD! And when we read God’s Word that says, “We glory in tribulations?” What? Why should we glory in tribulations when we have “A Great Big Wonderful God” in our lives?

Now let us narrow down our thoughts to “Our Father who are in Heaven” in a tender and personal way. So what is our heavenly Father looking for in us? Jesus came down to earth to explain this: “By their fruit you will recognize them. “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of God, but only he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven. Many will say to Me on that day, “Lord, Lord, did we not prophecy in Your name, and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles? Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you, Away from Me, you evildoers!’ “Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the Rock. The rain came, and the streams rose, and the wind blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock (Matt. 7:20-25 NIV).

Whoa! Did you see that? Jesus talked about tribulations! He said “The rain came, and the streams rose, and the wind blew and beat against … that house . . .” That house stands because it was built on the rock. The other house fell and crash because it was built on the sand (Matt. 7:26-27). Jesus explained the kind of people God is looking for in the character of honest and good fruit. So who are you? Does Jesus know you? Jesus said to the people, “I never knew you.” Ouch! What does that means? There will be many deceitful people in the church and the only way to test them out will be through “tribulations.” Through the tribulations, either we are like the house that will stand through the storms or we like the house could crash through the storms. Those who stand through the tribulations time, Jesus will say, “I know you.”

Now, we can truly say, "I glory in tribulation, I rejoice in my trouble times because I depend on Christ constantly." That is my fruit that my heavenly Father is looking for. I am truly His child. There is no deceit in me because I suffered for Him. My house stands because I practice His Word inside of me. The storms can beat me, but still I stand for Him. Jesus please knows me so that I may go to heaven with You and fellowship with You. That is our prayer.

May the Lord touch your heart today!

Dorothy

No comments: