Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Any Hope?

Romans 8:24b-25
But hope that can be seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has? We hope for what we don’t have yet. So we are patient as we wait for it (NIRV).

Do you ever felt like when you are in so much pain that there is no hope of healing from God? Roman 5:5 “And hope will never let us down. God has poured His love into our hearts. He did it through the Holy Spirit, whom He has given to us.”

Is there a reason for so much suffering? Do we ever wonder “what’s up with God” for not answering prayers sometime? Roman 5:1-5a gives us the reason. Let’s read His Word. “We have been made right with God because of our faith. Now we have peace with Him because of our Lord Jesus Christ. Through faith in Jesus we have received God’s grace. In that grace we stand. We are full of joy because we expect to share in God’s glory. And that’s not all. We are full of joy EVEN WHEN WE SUFFER. WE KNOW THAT OUR SUFFERING GIVES US THE STRENGTH TO GO ON. The strength to go on produces character. Character produces hope. And hope will never let us down” (NIRV).

Think about that. While we are suffering, it is actually producing, changing, and making our characters. Character is what we are now. Suffering is producing and making some changes in us. We don’t see this. That’s why we need "hope." Hope is desire something and expects that it will happen and we will get something soon. So who is our hope? Christ, the Rock is our sure hope.

So hold on to that hope in God! Trust Him! He knows what He is doing!

Dorothy

PS. Song given by Sonya Dupuis of Alberta, Canada
Song: "Lord I Know I Have Been Changed"

Lord, I know I have been changed,
The angels in heaven done signed my name,
Lord, I know I have been changed,
Lord, I know I have been changed,
Lord, I know I have been changed,
The angels in heaven done signed my name,
You’re gonna look for me, and I’ll be gone,
The angels in heaven done signed my name,
I have been changed, I have been changed,
He changed my walk, he changed my talk,
I have been changed, I have been changed,
The angels in heaven done signed my name
He picked up and He turned me around,
He place my feet on solid ground,
I once was blind but now I see,
I thank the Lord for CHANGE!
(Author unknown)

No comments: