Friday, October 28, 2011

Less Honorable? Series 5

1 Corinthians 12:24-25
KJV: For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked: v25 That they should be no schism (or division) in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.

The big toe said to the tiny toe, "I don't need you!?" The tiny toe said, "Oh, I'm all alone! I'm miserable! I'm unhappy! The big toe doesn't like me! I am not important at all! I'm not worth it! Why should they be bothered with me anyway?"

God's Word said, "No! Those parts of the body that seem to be weaker are really necessary. And the parts of the body we think are less are parts to which we give the most honor. We give special respect to the parts we want to hide. The more respectable parts of our body need no special care. But God put the body together and gave more honor to the parts that need it so our body would not be divided. God wanted the different parts to care the same for each other. If one part of the body suffers, all the other parts suffer with it. Or if one part of our body is honored, all the other parts share its honor" (1 Cor. 12:22-26 NCV).

"In fact (prove) God has arranged the parts in the body, every one of them, just as He wanted them to be" (1 Cor. 12:18). (I love this verse. That's why I repeat it.) The tiny toe is still part of one body.

How do I help with "the tiny toe" person? One way is to pray for "tiny toe person" who might felt like "I am the least!" There are programs to get involved with and become part where God would lead the person to.

When we go to church, sometimes we have some person who seems to be the "little toe" and who may not be that important? Watch it! God count it important! Be convicted of this and learn to love one another as Christ has loved us. Yowee!

So let's love one to another and be blessed by Him!

Song from memory:
This is a Little Light of Mine
This is a little light of mine,
I'm gonna let it shine.
This is a little light of mine,
I'm gonna let it shine,
Let it shine, let it shine ...
(Author?)

Inspire song for "Little Toe"

I may be a "little toe," but
I'm gonna let it shine.
I may be a "little toe," but
I'm gonna let it shine,
Let it shine, let it shine ...
(Dorothy: I laugh and it is so cute and awesome)

No comments: