Friday, October 7, 2011

Like A Dove?

Do you ever wish you had wings like a dove? So then you could fly away and be at rest? Even for a bit? Away from everything just to be at peace? Ahhh that happens to David, the King. He said in:

Psalm 55:6,7,8a
"And I said, Oh that I had wings like a dove! For then would I fly away and be at rest. Lo, then would I wander far off, and remain in the wilderness. Selah (think calmly about that). I would hasten my escape. . ."

A wilderness? Why would David, the King think about the wilderness? A wilderness is a lonely and unpleasant place, huh? There was a history that tells about a cave that the priests have library scrolls of God's Word hidden just in case the enemies comes into Israel's land destroy everything in it. Scrolls were put in jars to keep it dry. History has discovered several other hidden caves that had scrolls found in the jars that had God's Words being preserved.

David may have known about this secret place of caves in the wilderness. David might thought that this was the best place to spend time with studying the scrolls and less people around and be at peace.

His heart was troubled with his son, Absalom that tried to take his throne. David said, "My heart is sore pained within me: and the terrors of death are fallen upon me" (Psalm 55:4).

Inspite of all this, David found comfort in expressing his anguish heart to the Lord and to quote this Psalm 57:7 "My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed: I will sing and give praise."

David might have a wish that he could fly away like a Dove, yet he remembered the importance to set his heart toward God and to say "My heart is fixed."

Prayer: Dear Heavenly Father. My friends might going through an emotional times because of problems in whatever state they are in. They need You to fix their heart. Help them to hold on to You, God for You are their refuge in time of trouble. Let Your Presence be known to them so they have assurance that You are with them. Bless them and heal their heart, their emotions in Jesus' name I pray! Amen!

So really, really trust God today!

Dorothy

No comments: